Tuesday 9 June 2009

Do less, be more.

Unsuccessful as I have been at this so far this week, I have decided I am going to work hard at doing less. I've come to the conclusion that the less we do the more we get to be which in turn will lead to the good stuff. We will be more fully ourselves when we get less lost in the stuff. Take right now for example; I was supposed to be working on our next radio show but my co-host cancelled leaving me with a late afternoon/early eve of time. Time I have spent listening to some old skool tracks with a friend whose decorating I disturbed. Time I have spent touching base with my house mate who I seem to have seen surprisingly little of of late and time cooking chicken kiev and burning rice. Okay, the last bit wasn't so genius but isn't time of the unexpected variety the sweetest? I think so, because it's unmarked and has the ability to be spontaneous. And that people is not a great enough feature in my diary situation at present but I'll work on it. So please, next time you invite me to do something wunderbar more than a few days in advance, I must warn you I may meet your request with some hesitation. Ask me five minutes before and I'll grab my purse and keys ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment